UV sterilizers for water – Sterilight use the energy from ultraviolet radiation to destroy microbiological impurities. This method is applied in households, laboratories, restaurants, hospitals, industrial factories, hotels.
Sterilight neutralizes all known pathogenic micro-organisms with a certain degree of dependability. Gastro-intestinal viruses, viral dysentery, viral hepatitis and influenza, salmonella, cysts Giardia lamblia and Cryptosporidium, all of them perish under a radiation dose of at least 10 mJ /cm2. At the same time the lamps Sterilight ensure radiation doses of at least 30 mJ /cm2.
Water enters through the lower inlet of the ultraviolet reaction chamber then passes around the powerful mercury lamp, which is thermally protected in a quartz pipe. The radiation wave length of the UV lamp is – 253.7 nanometres. UV radiation destroys the DNA molecules in the cells of bacteria and micro-organisms, which prevents their reproduction. The water exiting the upper outlet is sterilized and ready for use.
The Sterilight system applies modern technologies to solve ancient problems. Water from each any source whatsoever may be biologically contaminated. This problem is usually encountered by the population of village areas having no central water supply. Water from surface water sources is not recommended for use without the relevant sterilization even if such water has been analyzed and the analyses have shown good results.
Unlike the traditional water disinfection methods such as water chlorinating (where the chlorine reacts with the organic compounds and results in unpleasant taste and fragrance of the water and at the same time carcinogenic substances are formed), Sterilight sterilizes the water by ultraviolet radiation, which brings no additional admixtures.
Thus we obtain the easiest, effective and non-costly method for water decontamination.
General features of the Sterilight system:
- reaction chambers made of polished stainless steel of grade 304 or 316;
- quartz pipes of the lamps calculated for a wide range;
- highly efficient UV lamps;
- audible and light indicator for lamp switching off;
- device for radiation intensity control with result indication on a display;
- anodic and corrosion resistant inlets made of stainless steel;
- thermistors for panel and reaction chamber control;
- operating time counting device;
- electromagnetic valves and remote control system;
- electro brightening for especially pure water;
- the devices are manufactured in different models and sets;
Requirements to the water fed at the inlet:
- Iron concentration: not exceeding 0.3 mg/l
- Hydrogen sulphide concentration: not exceeding 0.05 mg/l
- Mechanical particles contents: not exceeding 10mg/l
- Potassium permanganate: not exceeding 0.05 mg/l
- Water hardness: not exceeding 2.5 mg-ekv/l
In case the input water parameters exceed the above quoted values the relevant preliminary water treatment is necessary to be made.
Lamps are sensitive to sudden voltage changes in the grid. In order to avoid lamp damage, use voltage stabilizer.